Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Does anyone know if minoxydil really helps regrow hair for women????

Yes.


2% is the recommended dosage, applied as directed. Do NOT use the 5%, as that is apparently too strong.





I am not associated with any companies doing hair re-growth. I was a customer and I'll attach for you an email I send out often to people who need info on various products out there:





Below you will read of multiple approaches to tackling the dilemma of hair loss. I personally went through a program that utilized nearly all of these techniques, all on-going at the same time. That program cost me $1600 for the 6 month program. Lucky you gets this info for FREE!





First of all, either you need to have strong evidence of hair loss on yourself, or a fairly strong family history of it. None of these products or techniques will grow thicker hair than you have historically had, nor will produce new hair in areas you never had hair before. The sooner you begin, the greater %26amp; quicker the results. Women generally see greater and quicker results.





Disclaimer: As with any product or technique, everyone has different and unique health predispositions. Always consult a physician before undertaking any of these products or techniques if you have or may have a history of allergies to any, or are under a doctor's care utilizing over-the-counter or prescription drugs, as interactions (contraindications ) may occur which can be detrimental to your health.





Internal:


The herb of Saw Palmetto: Generally suggested to men for prostrate health, women can take this herb with no complications. This is taken as a DHT inhibitor. DHT is the natural occurring hormone we produce to lose hair.


Biotin: This is from the B-Vitamin family. It accelerates hair growth.





External / Topical:


Minoxidil: Men - 5%, Women - not over 2%. Found in most products (like Rogain) advertised for hair loss regrowth. You can purchase it under it's true name - Minoxidil - through the internet (ebay). Strong precautions in use of this product. Once you take it, it will become a part of your life, as if you decide to stop taking it, the hair will regain it's original state, and you will lose all of the hair you regained.





Natural Shampoos %26amp; Conditioners: Try the natural food or product stores. These products will not build up on your scalp and ';suffocate'; the follicles. I use the product Equalizing Shampoo by Hair Solutions (Step 1), 12 oz. (*NOTE) The Conditioner is under the name of Bio Harmonix Lite Rinse Conditioner with Sun Screen (Step 3), 10.6 oz. through LH Technologies, Boca Raton, Fl 33431, phone 888-446-3747. Then, (Step 2) is the Hair and Scalp Live Enzyme Cleanser, 11 oz. (*NOTE) The enzyme product will help to strip the old buildup off of the scalp and hair. I originally used these products exclusively, but came across the product below that I use WITH the above mentioned Step1,2,3 products. See explanation below.





(*NOTE) The company I used was closed down or went out of business per BBB on May 2, 2006. The products they sold are still available, though, thru the original distributor. I was told that the products can be ordered via phone 1-888-446-3747 or the website:


www.harmonixhairsolutions.com





Conditioner:


These are horse-care products that I have taken to replace using Minoxidil. Have not looked back: It is called Mega-Tek Rebuilder, 16 oz. By Eqyss Grooming Products.


The outside of the bottle reads: ';Eqyss Grooming Product's Mega-Tek Equine Rebuilder. Thicker Fuller Longer Mane %26amp; Tails. Coat Blanket rubs disappear. Hoof...';It is labeled suitable for human use. It re-grows hair on horses where tack can rub the hair off of the coat.


Here is a direct link:


http://www.shop.store.yahoo.com/eqyss-on鈥?/a>





It's less expensive to go through Petsmart - the Plano Texas, 75/Parker Road store carries horse products, and therefore, have this item available for about $5 cheaper. ( I paid 24.99 + tax Feb 2006) The store's number is 972-422-8307. I use the Eqyss Mega-Tek Rebuilder directly on my scalp every time I shampoo (2-3x per wk). Then I place my regular conditioner on the hairs as they are distanced from the scalp. I leave it in while I finish washing, giving it some time to be absorbed. Then I rinse it out. I have had no problems with it. Some people elect to not wash the Eqyss conditioner out, but I do. People have noticed that after a while the hair not only thickens, less hair evidenced going down the drain, but the hair can become ';brittle'; to the touch. That is why I also utilize the other conditioner, and that has helped alleviate that for the most part, along with using the LaserComb.





It's shampoo mate is called the Eqyss Premier Color Intensifying Shampoo I believe that it is the same as their ';Eqyss Premier Natural Botanical Equine Shampoo, Conditioner %26amp; Moisterizer, PH Balanced, Enhances Color, High Gloss %26amp; Shine'; which is the exact reading on the bottle of the product I use. The size is 22 oz., and it runs around $16-18. I use it in conjunction with the conditioner - every time I wash my hair.





Hairbrushes:


Boar Bristle brushes are the most gentle, and tend to not break hair off. A 100% boar bristle brush may not be your preference, since it does not pull on the hair shaft, and to the inexperienced user, it is like turning the brush backwards and brushing with the handle portion - you feel like you are NOT brushing your hair...but with experience, you will learn the ';touch and feel'; of the bristles gliding through your hair. It's that gentle. You can instead elect to buy a brush that has nylon or other type bristles mixed with the boar bristle, but remember that you will continue to break off hairs using nylon or any other material. The Boar Bristle brush not only keeps down the hair breakage, but it also more freely distributes the natural oils you have on your scalp. If you wash your hair often, this will not be an issue. It also will bring shine to your hair.


There are new brushes out on the market that are ';ion'; based, using a negative charged plate attached to the brush to help keep static out of hair and keep natural moisture in the hair shaft. I have not tried this product, so I can not testify as to it's merit. I keep static out of my hairbrush by just running it under the water tap. And remember to keep your brush clean and free from debris.


In addition to ';ion'; brushes, there are also ionic hair dryers. I did purchase an 850 watt travel dryer. The manufacturer claims that the hair shaft will somehow not splinter or dry out; claims that the moisture will be somehow sealed back within the hair shaft. In my experience, all I noticed is that the ionic dryers run incredibly hot-burning your scalp, if you aren't careful. I would suggest NOT using an ionic dryer on children, the elderly, or anyone who can not adequately communicate with you that the dryer is causing them discomfort. My hairdresser concurs with my observation. Treat it as a very hot hairdryer, maintaining a generous distance from dryer to subject. The further away, the better, and use to a minimum.





And lastly, the most expensive product - and it DOES work:


The Laser Comb. It is a cool laser with a red diode that you gently, very very slowly comb across your scalp. Usually 15 minutes a session for 2-3x per week. Overuse will render it less effective, and it may begin to undo your hard work. I have kept with the original Laser Comb company (Lexington HairMax) because I am confident with it's quality and integrity. I purchased mine directly from the manufacturer, although you can bid for it on Ebay. The laser comb will do this: Thicken up your scalp (you will need to be patient - takes sometimes 3 full months before results are seen) and little baby fuzz will begin to grow, which will change over to small hairs, then fuller, longer hairs. Next good thing about it is that your scalp will feel like it received a great stimulating massage. It will feel tingly and warm like your scalp is ';alive';. And the sensation can last almost a full day. Another nice thing is that your hair will lighten up in color a bit, but it will begin to soften, become silky to the feel. The hair will feel cooler to the touch, thicker, stronger, more manageable. It will become more shiny and have the ';healthy'; look and glow that you see with children and teens hair. I paid $600 plus shipping for mine when I purchased it Fall of 2003. Here is your link to the one I own:





http://www.lasercomb.net/default.aspx





Filtered Water: Some people elect to do a final rinse with purified water. Some have special filters on their showerhead that remove chlorine and other chemicals.





What do I use today?


Lexington HairMax Laser Comb


Boar Bristle Brush


Eqyss Shampoo and Conditioner


Harmonix' brand Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner and their Enzyme spray - periodically


Saw Palmetto supplemental herb (a by-product of this herb is that it helps with depression, so I continue to use under that primary premise)





My hair loss started slow. I had to clean out the tub drain about every 6 months. Then, I was having to clean it out every time I showered. My hairdresser commented that I needed to change the part on my scalp because I was thinning on one side. Eek! I began to count, yes count the hairs, and when I started the program, I would average 380 per washing, and now, maybe 80. I stopped coloring my hair.





I found a hair catcher basket at Home Depot that was made of latex rubber that could be placed over or inside the drain hole. You may want to do that to monitor your progress. Keep some beginning samples and set aside, then try a few after one month, two, three months. You should notice a big change, determined by how severely you were loosing your hair. It starts as a little fuzz, like the down on a bird,Does anyone know if minoxydil really helps regrow hair for women????
I would like to say a very sincere thank you for this information. 4 months ago I was hospitalized for Dengue Fever once side effect from this odious disease is Toxic Alopecia...significant hair loss which I am now painfully experiencing. Your information I found to be very valuable. Thank you

Report Abuse


Does anyone know if minoxydil really helps regrow hair for women????
GENERIC NAME: minoxidil


BRAND NAME: Rogaine


DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Oral minoxidil, a medication that originally was used to treat high blood pressure, has been found to increase hair growth. This lead to the development of topical (solution applied to the skin) minoxidil. Topical minoxidil (Rogaine) has been shown to stimulate hair growth on the bald spot of the back of the head in men. In women, Rogaine can increase hair growth in the forehead areas. Minoxidil is in a class of drugs called hair growth stimulants.





I am a retired hairstylist so my words don't go without merit. After reading up on the drug Minoxidil, I found it to be a growth stimulant, just as brushing, shampooing, head %26amp; scalp massage and even the feeling of a soft breeze fingering through your hair can all be stimulants. First, there has to be hair in the follicle to develop, then perhaps the Minoxidil strengthens the hair enough so that it survives instead of breaks off after exposure to the elements. Rogaine (Minoxidil) has been on the market quite a few years now which says that it has been successful in some patients. You will never know if it will help until you try it. My suggestion is hair and nail vitamins plus pH balanced shampoo and conditioners. Links below.
I dont know about that particular product. But I did use Nioxin a few times to see if it would make my hair thicker. It did, in fact I had little hairs growing out of my forehead where the shampoo had dripped down! But after suggesting to my dad it didn't help a whole lot in his opinion.
i have no clue sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment