Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is there a way to regrow hair that was lost due to poor nutrition or pulling?

Alright, let me explain my situation first.





I am currently 22, and when I was a kid I used to have extremely thick hair. My ponytails were as thick as silver dollars, and it was really hard to put my hair in a ponytail because it was so thick.





Despite that, my mom would put my hair in a tight ponytail for school nearly every single day. So, my hair was almost always being very tightly pulled. We put it in a ponytail so often that I ended up with a semi-permanent wave where the ponytail would have been even when I wasn't wearing it that way. Thankfully that wave has gone away.





Also, I didn't get a very healthy diet when I was a kid. Lots of meat and breads, but very few fruits and veggies. So, I think I had a vitamin deficiency for many years.





My hair used to fall out ALL the time, and in HUGE quantities. Now that I am older and rarely wear ponytails and eat a healthier diet, I don't lose many strands.





cont'd in additional detailsIs there a way to regrow hair that was lost due to poor nutrition or pulling?
You can try a product like Nioxin. They have shampoos, conditioners and scalp treatments. I've heard it helps with regrowing hair but you have to make it a routine for a while for it to be effective. Since you said yourself that it doesn't look bad I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just use the scalp treatment and continue eating the right foods and being healthy. Sometimes as we get older hair can become thinner or the texture can change, I think it's normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment