Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can essential oils regrow hair (when hair is just thinning not all gone)?

This link says there was a real study that backs this up - http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvit鈥?/a> . Has anyone tried it? Any personal good/bad experiences? Any other suggestions?Can essential oils regrow hair (when hair is just thinning not all gone)?
I wouldn't buy into that. I've got some hairloss problems too. I just recently cut my hair short, which made it look more obvious. Here's the deal, I've been taking propecia for a while, which costs about 75 a month. I don't have any bald spots, just thinner hair on top with some recession, it's all good hair though, and you can't see my scalp through it, so you might want to get propecia prescription. Now, I use Nioxin products, which if you buy the large bottles, it is not that expensive, and lasts for several months. I use shampoo, conditioner, and leave in treatment. The thing is, I'm not sure if it really makes the hair any thicker, but it makes your hair look thicker and keeps the scalp healthy. If you can't afford either of those, I'd get Rogaine. I tried it a few years ago, and the amont of hair that fell out in the beginning made me very nervous, even though they said it would happen, so I stopped it. I would not follow those recommendations from that site, they just seem illogical.Can essential oils regrow hair (when hair is just thinning not all gone)?
My personal experience using essential oils for hair loss has been great. I used essential oils for alopecia areata and later for telogen effluvium. Essential oils can also help slow the progression and minimize the effects of genetic hair loss as long as the follicles are still alive and producing hair, even if the hair is thin and wispy. Essential oils help genetic hair loss in several ways. They are highly solvent, dissolving excessive sebum which helps to minimize the effects of dht. They increase energy and nourishment to hair follicles, keeping them healthy and youthful. Their vasodilating effects help keep the follicles widened, reducing the effects of miniaturization. Their actions are similar to those of Rogaine but they are natural rather than synthetic and do not come with adverse side effects. You may read my story and learn more about the effects essential oils can have on hair loss at the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment